Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Summer Recap

Now that the summer season has come to its unofficial end, which coincides nicely with the start of the NEW book blog, I wanted to take a look back at all of the reading I did this summer. And also the things I didn't read. Do you ever notice that certain books just seem to be "winter" books. Books that are long and complicated, with lots of characters lend themselves more to curling up inside for a cozy reading session in a comfy chair. During the summer, I like books that are a bit more "fluffy". This is not to say that the books are somehow not as good. Just different.
In any case, my favorite books that I read this summer (besides Harry Potter, which we already devoted two months of the book blog to) were the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I would say this series is actually an all season read, but it is kind of girlie. I have been completely engrossed in these books all summer long. It was a good way to forget about the heat.
So, what did you all read this summer (besides Harry Potter)? Anything I should just drop everything for and start reading right now?

No comments: