Looking for Alaska by John Green (of An Abundance of Katherines fame) is actually the author's debut novel and, to be honest, it shows. I mean, it's a good book, but it's not AS good. I really didn't like any of the characters. Even the main character. I think we were supposed to identify with him, but really, he was kind of a putz. He just goes along with the crowd and doesn't think for himself, which I find really obnoxious.
However, this is one of those times when I wonder if not being a teenager is working against me. Because sometimes you have to be a young adult to enjoy young adults fiction and I find, somewhat to my chagrin, that I am just a regular adult these days.
You should not take my word for it on this book, though. Check it out for yourself and see if maybe you disagree.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment