Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Lines in the Sand
Hi. Once I finished reading The Falconer's Knot as mentioned in my last blog, I did a bit of research to find out more about Mary Hoffman. On her website ( www.maryhoffman.co.uk/)- she talks about another project she was involved in- the coordinating and editing of a book for young adults about war called, Lines in the Sand. Over 150 writers contributed stories, poems, and illustrations about war and peace. This collection is really interesting and eye-opening. I especially enjoyed the poem, "Counting", and the story, "The Butcher"- although not in a happy way- they really say a lot about war and it's toll. One positive thought to keep in mind is that all the profits from the publishing of this book, went to UNICEF( a world-wide children's relief organization) for the children of Iraq. Just something to think about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment