Monday, November 12, 2007

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

I really loved this book. It was quite a bit like Twilight, so if you are a fan of Twilight, definitely check it out. I would say that it is not quite as well written as Twilight, but is very satisfying in ways that Twilight is not. It moves much quicker and it reaches a definite resolution at the end. So, if you are looking for a good, quick read, I would check out this realistic fantasy book.
The story revolves around Aislinn, who would be a normal 17 year old, if not for the fact that she sees fairies. She has spent her whole life pretending not to see them, because if they found out, the best thing she could hope for is to be blinded. Imagine her surprise when the Summer King, one of the fey royalty, approaches her to be his Summer Queen. He needs her to fulfill a centuries old prophecy. Aislinn wants no part of fairy life. Plus, her friend Seth is beginning to hint that he would like to be more than just friends. And he's hot. What's a girl to do?

No comments: