Monday, November 05, 2007
More Crutcher
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am now a huge Chris Crutcher fan. I recently read both Whale Talk and Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes in two days. Both were great. I will say that these aren't light, happy-go-lucky reads, but don't let that stop you from picking them up. Whale Talk is about a boys swim team made up of misfit kids getting together to prove a point about sports teams in high school. I was laughing out loud a lot! Staying Fat deals with friendship and loyalty. Crutcher has written about a dozen books- most with realistic teens in realistic situations. He isn't afraid of tackling sensitive issues, so don't look here for a "fluffy" read! But, if you like a quick read with some substance, these books are for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment