Monday, March 24, 2008

Caudill 09 review #1

Since many of you need to read the Rebecca Caudills for school, we have started a new series reviewing the titles. 2008 is mostly over (in terms of the Caudills) so we are starting on the new 2009 titles. Keep an eye out throughout the year as we review all 20!

Oh Rats! by Albert Marrin

This is the first RC for 2009 that I read, although I have read most of the RC nominees for the past 4 years. Oh Rats! is, I must say, one of the most disgusting books I have ever read. Although it is short, Oh Rats! made me feel nautious more than once. It's really, really gross.

Oh Rats! tells the history of rats in the world - the good and the bad. Since this is a pretty short read, I dont want to give away mahy of the details. Let's just say that rats have done more than you can probably imagine.

I know many of you like to look for the short Caudills, so you can get your requirements out of the way. This book would probably be a great way to do that, but be aware of the gross factor.

No comments: