The idea behind Click is similar to that of Remembering Raquel. Each chapter is told from the point of view of a different character. Each chapter is also written by a different author. I was really looking forward to this book. I tend to like books that are kind of gimmicky like that, plus there are some really awesome authors on this project. Authors included Nick Hornby, Linda Sue Park, Eoin Colfer, and more. I read the first chapter and enjoyed that. However, the second chapter was not just from another point of view, it was almost completely unrelated. Then, in the third chapter, the characters changed ages and nationalities. This was too much for me. It really just seemed like the authors had written the individual chapters without consulting with one another at all. In the end it just didn't work for me.
A book with a similar idea that worked much better was Sorcery and Cecelia by Patricia Wrede and Caroline Stevermer. The book takes the form of letters between two cousins. The authors each pretended to be one of the cousins and actually wrote letters back and forth, without plotting what would happen first. I think this is really cool. This is the first in a series and one of my favorites.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment