Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sometimes, I must confess, I become a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of books that are available and demanding to be read. Or I find that I stick with safe things to read, and never really explore new fiction. When that happens, I find that having a plan for my reading helps. Here are some ideas:
1. Alphabetical reading. This can be either titles or authors. Two years ago, I read alphabetical by authors last name. I made it all the way through W, but was completely flummoxed by X. This was a really fun way to read.
2. Thematic reading. The Book a Month program offers readers a topic each month to guide their reading. And we aren't just talking about boring genre suggestions. The topic for January is time. They also give about 20 or 30 suggested books. Even if you aren't going to join up, check out the website. You may find a good book recommendation.

Since I am sure you all resolved to read more in the New Year, this will get you on your way! Any other ideas for planned reading?

No comments: